Follow

  • Top Dramas Short List



    A short list of dramas I enjoyed the past few years. Favorite list of all time have not been compiled yet. This list is sorted by grouping.

    Chinese Language

    Can Re-Watch
    Nirvana in Fire Good Plot, Story, Actors  - No love story (for romantic folks) 
    Bu Bu Jing Xin / Scarlet Heart + Carries the Chinese value of beautiful executed perfectly 
    Rookie Agent Rouge + Not a fan of 1920's story. This one made the cut with Zhao Li Ying 
    The Fierce Wife (Taiwanese) + Beautiful loving reality of love, betrayal, apology, and forgiveness 
    The Secret History of Wu Zetian (not the one with Fan Bing Bing) + Learn the history 
    Eternal Love or 3 Lives 3 World + Fantasy, pretty production, and lovely actresses 
    Wu Xin, The Monster Killer + Creepy interesting fantasy about killing monsters + love story 
    Fated to Love You (original Taiwanese) + unexpectedly good  
    Red Cliff 1 (Movie) + First well produced movie with massive army formation & strategy 
    Red Cliff 3 (Movie) + Production continuation with massive army formation & strategy 
    Painted Skin (Movie) + Interesting creepy story in ancient times 
    Journey of Flower + Girly thing to watch 

    1-Timers
    Sound of the Desert
    Imperial Doctress
    The Glamorous Imperial Concubine
    The Bride with White Hair
    Princess Wei Young
    Romance of the Condor Heroes (2014)
    Lan Ling Wang

    Barely Made it Through
    Princess Agents (Interesting plot & actress. Bad production. Lack of attention to details. Dragging story. )
    When a snail falls in love (started off cute and then just got tired)
    Love me if you dare (Interesting criminal story that just started to drag)

    Korean

    Can Re-Watch
    Dong Yi
    W
    Descendants of the Sun
    Gentleman's Dignity
    My Girlfriend is a Gumiho
    You're Beautiful
    200 lb Beauty (Movie)
    Goodbye Miss Ripley
    Master's Sun


    1-Timers
    Ghost
    Oh My Venus
    Fashion King
    Queen for 7 days
    Mirror of the Witch
    The Thief who Stole the People
    Boys Over Flowers
    Stars Falling from the Sky
    Coffee Prince
    Birth of a Beauty
    Innocent Man
    Tunnel
    Scholar Who Walks the Night

    Barely Made It Through
    The Legend of the Blue Sea
    Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo
    Secret Garden
    Pinocchio
    Doctors
    Playful Kiss
    Dear Fair Lady Kong Shim
    Sunkungkwang Scandal
    My Love from the Stars
    Strong Woman Do Bong Soon
    Hwarang

  • 12 comments:

    1. Of the recent dramas, memorable ones were Ode To Joy and Ode To Joy 2. I also enjoyed When A Snail Falls In Love and Memory Lost. Of those based on classic novels, I like Three Kingdoms (2010 directed by Gao Xi Xi) and Journey To The West (2011 drama produced by Zhang Ji Zhong).

      ReplyDelete
    2. I watched Legend Of The Condor Heroes (2008 starring Hu Ge and Ariel Lin). Romance Of The Condor Heroes (2014) was also memorable since it resulted in the marriage of the main actor and main actress. I watched Heaven Sword And Dragon Saber (2009 produced by Zhang Ji Zhong).

      ReplyDelete
    3. I couldn't watch that the 2011 journey to the west. I found the 1996 version. This will always be the favorite. http://kissasian.com/Drama/Journey-to-the-West-1996

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I have watched all of the tv versions of Journey To The West from China and Hong Kong. The Hong Kong Journey To The West had season 1 and season 2, plus a later remake.

        Delete
      2. I also watched via dvd the Japan version of Journey To The West usually called Monkey Magic (1978).

        Delete
    4. if you have time, please watch the following korean dramas that i like it :
      Oh my Venus, Brain, you are beautiful, Golden Time, The great doctor.
      regarding chinese dramas, i can re watched again for Scarlet Heart, NIF, Sound of desert. i like journey of the flower, Ten milex of the peach tree and Love H2O.

      ReplyDelete
    5. I used to watch south korea dramas and the most memorable for me were : dae jang geum (jewel in the palace), shining inheritance, you're beautiful, 1st shop of coffee prince, full house, my name is kim sam soon. Most of these have china or taiwan remakes.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. oh haha i forgot about dae jang geum. 200 lb beauty was the firs korean video I watched, and I think Dae Jang Geum might have been the first. I'm not sure. I saw shinging inheritance, 1st shop. Talking about.. just reminds me I also watched We Got Married hahha

        Delete
    6. I have been watching Advisors Alliance and Lost Love In Times while waiting for Nirvana In Fire 2. Advisors Alliance is quite similar to Nirvana In Fire.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. late post as I was very busy.. i saw nirvana in fire 2 and stopped watching after 2 episodes. What are you watching now?

        Delete
    7. My wife told me to watch the south korea drama Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Ju which is very popular in the Philippines. A fan in the Philippines opened a Bok Chicken LU Restaurant selling junk food like deep fried chicken in San Fernando City, La Union, Philippines.
      http://pop.inquirer.net/2017/06/bok-chicken-lu-weightlifting-fairy-kim-bok-joo-restaurant/
      https://www.facebook.com/bokchickenLU/

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. haha I saw Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Ju. It was funny

        Delete